🎮 The Long Dark (v1.16)
📝 Beschreibung / Über das Spiel
WELCOME TO THE STILL APOCALYPSE
Bright light illuminates the afterthimmel. The wind rages beyond the thin walls of your wooden hut. In the distance a wolf howls. You look at the meager supplies in your backpack and wish you the days when there was still electricity. How long will you survive?
THAT'S THE LONG DARK
The Long Dark is a thought-provoking mix of exploration and survival, with individual players thinking for themselves and exploring a vast, frozen, wilderness after a geomagnetic storm. There are no zombies - just you, the cold and all the threats Mother Nature can muster.
The episodes-based story mode WINTERMUTE by The Long Dark begins with two of a total of five episodes that form the first season.
In Episode 1: "Do not leave" the Buschpilot Will Mackenzie (player character) and Dr. Astrid Greenwood separated after her plane crashed after a mysterious flash of light in the sky in the North Canadian wilderness. Mackenzie fights for survival and finds the small town of Milton, in which the extent of this silent apocalypse becomes aware.
In Episode 2: "Diffuse Light", Mackenzie's search for Astrid leads him deeper into the wintry wilderness. A mysterious fur hunter might help finding Astrid. Is he trustworthy?
The first two episodes of WINTERMUTE offer about 15 hours of playtime. The episodes 3 to 5 are included in the purchase price of the game and will be released free of charge as soon as they are released.
With the voices of Jennifer Hale, Mark Meer, David Hayter and Elias Toufexis (episode 3) and the music of Cris Velasco.
The survival mode is a free, exploration-based sandbox mode that has been refined for almost three years in the early access version of the game.
No endless tips! The game encourages players to think independently. The necessary information is provided but never the answers themselves. You must earn the right to survive.
- Permadeath! When you die in survival mode, your game progress is cleared. Every decision counts! [Note: WINTERMUTE does not contain a permadeath function.]
- Condition and calories: Keep an eye on hunger, thirst, exhaustion, and cold while you try to find the balance between resources and the effort to procure them. Every action costs you calories - and time is your most important resource. Choose your path wisely!
- Explore the world of supplies: Discover 100 equipment, including tools, light sources, weapons, first aid supplies, clothing, and more.
- A wide, living world: Explore an 50 square kilometer-wide North Canadian wilderness in search of vital supplies - in winter. Dynamic day times, weather, wild animals, etc. ensure enough randomness so that you always expect a challenge.
- The survival of the fittest: hunt, angle, fall, climb, cartographers, search for life-saving food and equipment. Try not to fall prey to hostile game animals, undercoolers, frostbite, diarrhea, or other unpleasant ailments, and take care of your valuable equipment.
- Hunter or prey: wolves, bears, rabbits, deer, crows and other animals (in future updates) will fight with you to eat or be eaten.
- Choose your experience: With four different modes of experience you will find the right challenge for you. Discover the quiet, thoughtful pilgrim mode or plunge into the intruder mode, where even experienced survivors can barely stand a week.
- Survival is your only goal, death your only end. Write your own survival story with each game.
With the music of Sascha Dikiciyan.
Multiple separate challenge modes offer you a mission-based experience with 1 to 3 hours of gameplay. Collect, for example, For example, in "Schneesturm" in wind ropes supplies for a mighty snowstorm, or escaped in "chased" the claws of a murderous bear. Master the challenges to unlock achievements that provide you with long-term benefits in survival. When the game is released, you will be faced with five challenges, others will follow in the future.
In addition to the three remaining episodes of WINTERMUTE, we plan to continue the survival mode, as we have also updated the Early Access version over 100 updates / hotfixes over the past three years. The purchase of The Long Dark entitles players to access all five episodes of WINTERMUTE as well as the ongoing updates of survival mode.
INFORMATION ON THE BACKGROUND
Hinterland is a small, independent developer of interactive entertainment content. The company is headquartered in Vancouver Island, Canada and has a widely distributed team across North America. Although The Longdark is the first game in the studio, the veterans of the "Triple-A" game industry are backed by leading developers from several renowned studios, including Valve, Ubisoft Montreal, Relic, Volition, Capcom, Radical, BioWare and Sony London United Front Games.
🎞 Tutorial / Video
⚙️ System requirements
- Operating system: Windows XP
- Processor: Dual-Core Intel i5 CPU @ 2GHz +
- Random access memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphic: Intel 4xxx Series w / 512MB VRAM or better
- space: 1 GB available space
- Sound Card: Any on-board chipwill work.